12 Steps Of Recovery
At Shane's Crib we lead our residents down a road to recovery using 12 steps with faith.
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addiction ... that our lives had become un-manageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of GOD as we under stood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to GOD, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have GOD remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take a personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with GOD as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will, and the power to carry that out.
12. Having has a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and practice these principles in all our affairs.